Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The loss of a friend

My laptop died - it was the motherboard.

I turned the computer on one morning, and it started up like normal, but a few moments later the processor processed one last time and the computer gave up the ghost.

We took it to a computer repair shop to see if anything could be done.

They told Robin the bad news. He told me. I asked if we could have a nice funeral for it... maybe buy it some flowers.

Silence on the phone.

"Erin.... it's a computer"

Oh! and here I was thinking it was my friend..... well, no funeral for Laptop then... We will save the funeral expenses and be buying a replacement sometime soon.... until then, Robin is sharing his computer with me.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your laptop friend. You must be missing it terribly. When will you be getting a replacement?

    ReplyDelete