Tuesday, January 18, 2011

For the Birds!

Please excuse the plethora of seemingly similar pictures... I couldn't choose just one! I like them all. Several weeks ago, Robin brought home some bird food for me to put out on our balcony. After several attempts to get the bird food to stay where we put it, Robin came up with the idea of stringing a wire across the balcony and hanging the bird food on it. The food has not been missing since. We also get the added benifit of watching birds come eat the food. I especially like the birds because they are blue and yellow - my two favorite colors.

Two little birdies eating. One of the birds seems to always be upside down when he eats. I don't get it, but maybe he just digests better that way.

One trick the birds have is to eat some seed, and then spit some out. It's like they choose the seeds they like, and if they get one they don't like, they spit it on the ground. Nice birds, very nice.

One lone bird eating upside down


Three birds! One on the blue wall, one on the wire, one eating.

Two birds: one on the wall, one about to eat

One bird about to have a snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment