Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's... ummmm..... healthy?

Yup - that is a GREEN SMOOTHIE. The other day I was thinking to myself - "Self, you need to try to eat more vegetables". I can only think of two ways to get more vegetables:

The direct way - cook veggies or eat them raw.
  1. The indirect way - disguise them so you can pretend you aren't eating them.

I chose the second way. I have had green smoothies before and thought that might be the way for me to hide vegetables. Robin had school today, so he wasn't around this morning when I made one... I didn't want to scare him with the green thing I was drinking.

Here is what I had - so mystery dark green lettuce leaves (I don't know what kind of lettuce it is), 4 frozen strawberries, 1/3 lemon, apple juice, a bit of yogurt, a splash of grapefruit juice. Sounds like a good way to get more fruit... whatever, it's healthy. I tossed it all in the blender and blended everything until I didn't see any chunks left. Then I poured it into my glass and drank. Ummm... it's healthy.... yeah, tastes like it too. My tip - get a straw. You can put the straw far enough back in your mouth that you don't have to taste it. Also, don't think, just drink it... Can't wait to have it again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought you were a little odd. This just proves the point. Glad you can eat that...I'm sure I'd probably like the first way better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, you don't know what that green gold is? It's kale!!!! Only my favorite food on the planet! And that variety even looks close to my favorite variety...Lacinato! Looks a bit like a hybrid. But yes, so yummy! Kale is really strong. I would use spinach instead. Usually you need to saute kale so it's not nearly as strong. :)

    ReplyDelete