Thursday, September 23, 2010

Around the house

I am not exactly the most domestically-gifted person. However, I have been working on a few domestic projects this week. I worked more on the chairs I was painting. I have 3 chairs now painted light blue. They look so cute with my white scalloped table cloth. Ok, they aren't quite done... one of them still needs another coat of paint. I am still working on another chair, but I will paint it white and cover the seat cushion that is on it now. It is a much nicer chair than the other three, so I am hoping I can put my practice to good use. I don't want to mess up our one nice wood chair.




My other project has been to create a bit more storage room in our apartment. When I say "storage room" I actully mean a place I can hide things that I don't want to put away. In our entry hall way, there was a strange square nook. It isn't very big, but big enough to put (I mean hide) things in. We have had things there since we moved in. I got tired of looking at all that stuff and wondering where I should put it, so this week I got busy and made a curtain to go in front of it all. Looks nice :) You would never know all the mess hanging out behind the curtain, my little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment