Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fresh air

I like to smell good. Sweat does not smell good. When I moved to Germany I brought a small stash of antipersirant with me. When I was first here as a missionary, one of the other Sisters who had been here a while told me not to bother with antipersirant here - just get the American kind. The advice stuck.

I have tried two different types of deodorant/antipersirant here, but neither were successful (I smelled bad). This past week I finished on of the deodorants in my American deodorant stash.... It is interesting the strange things I miss from the US. The whole country of Germany seems to be able to survive on deodorant purchased in Germany but I can't seem to let my American kind go.

1 comment:

  1. The same goes for the natural/organic kinds. DO NOT WORK. Sometimes, we just need chemicals. I think I stink more WITH other kinds on than without any at all.

    Germany may be able to get by, but I know Belgium had that same kind in your picture (almost) and it did NOT smell like it got by. But it was a comforting memory/smell association to me, anyway. We always knew I was weird.

    ReplyDelete