Saturday, September 4, 2010

An attempt

Ok, I think I have explained in other posts that I am not exactly the most handy handy-woman... but I have seen on the internet (and on TV) you can take old wood furniture and repaint it to make it look wonderful. I thought I would give it a try. I took one of Robin's old wood chairs, sanded it, and tried to spray paint it white. The white spray paint was a little less than sucessful, so I decided to paint it blue with a paint brush. Much more sucessful. I'm not finished with it yet, I didn't have time to paint the bottom of the legs, but here is a picture so you get an idea.

We have three other wooden chairs that I can paint. I am thinking about painting the next chair yellow. One of the chairs has a padded, fabric covered seat. I am planning to replace the fabric with something cute and paint the chair white. We will see how long it takes me or if I even get around to it... I hope I do... it would be so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment