Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wedding Reception v2.0, German Version

Let me explain what you see in this picture to the right. This is a picture of 30 ivy plants that have been repotted in white pots and are now being turned into heart shaped topiaries. I have spent about 4 hours on them so far and they aren't quite done yet... still about 14 plants left to put the heart shaped wire in and wrap the ivy around.

Our reception here in Germany is on August 14th. We are expecting about 150 people to attend. I have never been to a wedding reception in Germany, but my understanding is that it is a little different than I am used to. I expect that our reception will be particularly unique because we are blending both German and America cultures.

There is a nice lady in our ward who is helping me with the decorations. Robin and I are doing the planning and other people with ward will be helping with set up and clean up. I will try to post other pictures as we get ready for this next exciting event.

1 comment: