Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Painting, Painting, Painting

When Robin and I moved into our apartment, all the rooms were white except for the entry way. It was Pepto-Bismol pink. Ick. This past weekend we decided we just couldn't take it any more - we needed to get rid of the pink.

We went to the store and bought 10 liters of very good (also expensive) white paint. We masked the walls and got everything ready. Robin even trusted me with a paint brush.


I painted everything down low, Robin got the corners and everything up high. It took several hours, but we finally finished the task.


After the paint dried, we noticed that there was something a little strange... the room had a pink "glow" to it. The pink on the wall was actually PAINT EATING PINK! If someone didn't know that the paint underneath was pink, they probably wouldn't notice, but I noticed and Robin noticed. So, Monday morning bright and early after Robin went to work, I painted a second coat. Now we have a nice white entry way. No more pink :)

1 comment:

  1. I despise painting so I am really proud of you for bitting the bullet!

    ReplyDelete