Monday, May 31, 2010

Wedding invitations - Germany

Making invitations for the wedding reception in Germany has been nothing short of an adventure. I had no idea how to even start doing invitations here... none. The paper here isn't the same size as it is in the US, envelopes are different sizes, the etiquette for wedding invitations is different. It has been quite the long process to even come this far. First I needed an idea that I could implement. I had plenty of ideas but no way to implement them. Then I needed the text and design. I needed Robin's help with that. His German is much better than my German. Then testing - print it on this printer, move this text a little to the left... now back just a bit to the right, up, down, found a typo, on and on. Then, came printing. We went to one copy shop - they no longer do copies, just professional printing. Next copy shop, they could print the inside text, but their machines weren't able to print the card (the yellow card in the picture). The third copy shop was able to print on the yellow cards. Super. Now I can start assembling them. It took about 3 weeks just to get this far... whew… almost done. I just need to get the pictures printed, assemble the invitations, print address labels, and put on postage stamps.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty invitations - the US ones you sent arrived, and those are very nice too. Brian liked them too.

    ReplyDelete