Saturday, May 22, 2010

Making Cookies

There are many things Germans bake very well - cakes, pastries, bread, even some cookies. However there are a few things they are missing –brown sugar (not just unprocessed, but American-style brown sugar), vanilla extract, and chocolate chips,. That means, Americans are the chocolate chip cookie making champions. I like cookies quite a bit, and I don’t think I could live without the chocolate chip variety. So, I find my ways to make these tasty little treats.

Problem #1 – brown sugar…the only solution I know is to import the sugar from the US or import molasses. I know of no other solution – I have check the internet and other Americans living here know of no other solution.

Problem #2 – vanilla extract… well, there is vanilla sugar (nothing like the extract from Mexico) or the real bean. I recently found some sort of vanilla syrup kind of thing and that seems to be ok but not exactly like what I am used to.

Problem #3 – no chocolate chips. The chocolate here is wonderful, so I just cut it up into little bits.

<---- Here are the yummy chocolate bits













< Mixing it all together


<-- finished product. So yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment