Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Country Life

I am living in a little village named Georgenhausen. It is a nice little place to live. The village is surrounded by fields. It is not unusual to be stuck behind a tractor when driving down the road. Sometimes, I look around and think 'this must be the place where the fairytales take place'. Castles, fields, forest are all near by and somehow seem 'enchanted'. Robin and I were driving through the fields the other day and I was struck by the sudden urge to sing “The hills are alive, with the sound of music…” It just seemed fitting. Here are a few pictures of the area.


Fields of yellow flowers grow here in the spring. It is so pretty to look out over the hills and see patches of yellow here and thereRobin and I at Jagd Schloss (the hunting castle)

More of the pretty yellow flowers

Tractor made of hay.... I have no idea why, but it looks cool


Typcial German village 1

Typical German village 2

Two of the three billy-goats gruff (the third one was behind the camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment