Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How not to use a stove

I am 28 years old, so you would think I would have figured out how to use a stove by now. Apparently, I need the little pictures that tell you which burner you are turning on. I was using Robin’s mom’s stove the other day and it doesn’t have pictures reminding you which burner you are turning on.

Well, I had used the stove a few times so I know which knob turns on which burner… but I just didn’t pay close enough attention. I turned on the burner to boil a pot of water (it was on high) and sat down to read the newspaper. A few minutes later I hear this HUGE bang right behind me (eeeeekkkkkkkk!!! What was that!?!?!?!?!??!). I turn around and realize I turned on the wrong burner. The glass teapot warmer that had been sitting on the back burner was no more… it exploded. All over the place…. Nice. I am now much, much more careful when turning on the burner. I also make sure there is nothing else on the stove top. I’d rather not make that mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment