Thursday, May 12, 2011

It's not a "piece of cake"





I can handle baking cookies - I like cookies, it goes pretty fast, and I mostly get it right. Cakes are a different animal. I don't do cakes. I can never, ever get them to come out of the pan. EVER. No amount of butter, flour, non-stick spray, or grease has every worked for me.


While I was at my parent's house, my mom asked me to make a cake (gluten-free of course). I said sure, and didn't think much about it, until it came time to put the batter into the bunt pan. Then I remembered - cakes never work out for me. Too late then. So I greased the pan as well as I could (about 5 times) and hoped for the best. This is the result. You many notice something is missing here. Most of the outside of the cake (the part touching the pan) stayed in the pan! The rest of the cake came out. So, it looks a little weird, but it certainly tasted good.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem! But good news, my mom was reading somewhere that if you submerge the pan in hot water (with the cake in it after it's all done) it will come out easier. I haven't actually tried it, but she did and said it worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't give yourself enough credit. All of your baking is amazing. Always tastes amazing. Don't be humble. ;) And when it sticks to the pan but tastes great still? We just cover that sucker up with whipped cream and strawberries and all is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete