Thursday, May 19, 2011

Locked out

So... I locked myself out of the house last week... and the car.
I had my hands full of stuff (to put in the car) and grabbed some keys and went out the door. I got to the car and realized I grabbed the wrong keys. Great! So, there I was with a whole bunch of stuff no keys to get back in the apartment building, no keys to get into the car and Robin was at school in the middle of a class. What to do, what to do...
I decided to try to get back in the apartment building to leave my stuff there and then go for a walk. One of my neighbors must have seen me, because when I got to the door someone unlocked it for me. I took my stuff up to our apartment door and tried to get a hold of Robin. (See picture of me sitting on the floor in front of our door)
I got a hold of Robin and he decided to come home from school early to let me in. I decided to go on a walk until Robin could get home (which would be about an hour and a half). I locked myself out at about 12:30... an interesting thing happens in our little town around 12:30. Most shops close for lunch and stay closed until 2:30 or 3. So, I walked, and walked... the local drugstore was open so I hung out there for a while... then walked some more. Luckily, the weather was nice - sunny and about 76 F... at least I got to work on my tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment