Thursday, May 12, 2011

Eternal Spring

Once, when I was in middle school (or high school) I did a report on Guatemala. Several of the sources I used said Guatemala is the land of the Eternal Spring. I thought that sounded nice.
This year has been the year of the Eternal Spring for me. Spring was well underway here in Germany when I went to the US. The daffodils had already come up, the tulips were already coming up, and popcorn was popping all over the apricot tree. Seattle was a few weeks behind us, so I got to relive it all over again. It was lovely.

During my trip, we went to Utah. Spring had not come to Utah. They were in the middle of an eternal winter. The day we went home, we woke up to this...

Two inches of snow! It didn't stick to the roads, but it was on the sidewalks enough to make it difficult to take our suitcases out to the car.


After our trip in Utah, it was back for a few more days of Seattle spring. Then back home to Germany, where continuous good weather had already brought us into late spring, early summer. I certainly didn't mind going from rainy, 50-degree Seattle weather, to sunny, 75-degree Germany weather.



The one problem with eternal spring, is that I have had eternal allergies...aaachooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment