Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Misadventures

Misadventure: (noun) An unfortunate incident

I wanted to buy strawberries last week. German strawberries are in season right now and they are quite delicious. I thought it might be a nice treat to have strawberries with dinner. So, I wrapped Lee up in my Moby carrier and off I went. Lee quite enjoys his Moby and usually has a nice nap while I walk around with him. I needed to drop something in the post box on my way to the grocery store, so that was my first planned stop. I got about 100 meters from our front door and Lee threw up on me. He has recently learned to suck on his hands, but he hasn’t learned how to keep them away from the back of his mouth where his gag reflex is. It wasn’t too much throw up, so I went to the post box and back home. That was day 1. Day 2 – once again I though I would get strawberries from the store. It is only a 3 minute walk and I expected Lee to be asleep by the time I got there. Into the Moby he goes and we were off. He started sucking on his hands again…. 200 meters from the door he threw up on me – it just kept coming. So there I was on the side walk, covered in vomit, trying to decide if I was too dirty to go to the store now. I was. I went back home. No strawberries. Lee got another bath.

spitup3

An outside view of the damage – not too bad….

spitup1

Side-view – ok that is something people might notice

spitup4

Mess on the baby – he was not happy about it

spitup2

Gross.

I finally did get strawberries – just a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment