Wednesday, July 31, 2013

All before noon

The day started off rather fine. I took Lee out for a short car ride so that I could pick up a package. He fell asleep on the way home and I was later able to put him in his bed. Then the fun began. Shortly after being put in his bed, Lee began to cry. I tried to calm him down but it didn’t work, so I picked him up. He continued to cry with his eyes closed for several minutes. So I put him back in his bed. Nope, that wasn’t what he wanted. I picked him up again. Still not the solution. I put on my moby wrap and put him in. His eyes were still closed and being in the moby wrap seemed to help. I walked around the house but he still didn’t settle completely, so I went outside for a walk. That was the answer. He slept fine.

I came back home and did a few things around the apartment while he was still in the wrap. He eventually woke up and seemed to be in a pleasant mood. I set him in his swing while I did some things in the kitchen. He smiled and giggled, then he pooped and continued on with the smiling and giggling.

I picked him up and took him to his changing table where I discovered he had a diaper blow-out. He was messy all the way up his back so I thought it would be a good idea to give him a bath and clean everything off. I filled up the bath tub and managed to get his clothes off of him without spreading the mess around too much. I had just gotten him in the bath when the door bell rang. I was expecting someone to come pick up to packages that I was returning. I pulled Lee out of the bath, wrapped him in a towel, and answered the door. Once I brought Lee back to the bath tub I was feeling quite successful because he didn’t cry through the interruption. After a minute in the bath, he peed in the tub. Now the question comes – do you keep bathing him in the now dirty water or take him out and start over? I decided to start over. He stayed calm and happy through the whole process – whew!

After his bath I put him back in his swing so that I could have something to eat. He started fussing, so after I had my snack, I gave him something to eat. All was well until he realized he was now quite tired from the whole bath ordeal. I held him and walked with him, but it wasn’t enough. He wanted to go back in the moby and walk around the neighborhood again. Back outside we go for another lap around the neighborhood. I was already tired from an exercise class the night before, and didn’t really feel like walking around the neighborhood some more. However, Lee was able to fall back asleep. I brought him home and put him in his bed. I looked at the clock, only 12:30 PM…. it feels much later…. I wonder what other adventures this day will bring.3

No comments:

Post a Comment