Friday, January 27, 2012

Taking a walk in a Cemetery

Today was a cold, foggy day.  It snowed a bit this morning but most of the snow melted away.  For some reason, I decided to take a walk in a cemetery.  Not just any cemetery, the Waldfriedhof (Forest Cemetery).  First, this cemetery is HUGE. Second, it is OLD. Third, it is quite lovely (I think it would be nicer in spring though). So, as I was walking along (by myself, in the foggy, cold) I would hear noises like tapping or walking and turn around and see no one.  I saw no one the whole time I was there.  Note to self: taking walks alone in cemeteries on cold, foggy, wet days is a good way to scare yourself.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Like I said, the cemetery is lovely.  There are so many well kept grave sites there and each one is different. My favorite of the day is pictured here. The name is: Familie Frosch (Frosch means frog). They had two little frogs on top of the tombstone.  So cute. Cute and cemetery go together, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment