Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Decking the Halls


We got our tree!

I wanted to get a fake tree, Robin went along with the idea. Call me Scrooge, but I just don't care much for having a real tree in the house... You have to water it (I am a plant-killer and most plants I have had died from lack of water). It drops it needles on the floor and you have to clean it up. I can also live without the "real" tree smell. So, fake tree it is.
Fake trees seem to be a new idea here, which is strange for two reasons. First, Germans are very environmentally friendly - I would think saving a tree and the chance to re-use it year after year would be right up their alley. Secondly, there are tons of fake trees in the stores - I seem to be the only one buying them though.
We brought our tree home on Saturday. I unpacked it and put it together. Robin put the lights on. I put on all the decorations I brought from the US and our tree was ready to go. I'm not sure these pictures do it justice - it looks pretty cute for our first Christmas tree. :)

1 comment: