Wednesday, December 29, 2010

White Christmas

I think there are many people in the world who dream of a white Christmas. Here in Europe we are the ones who won the "white Christmas" lottery this year. We got a LOT of snow. It started snowing Christmas eve day and didn't stop snowing until sometime Christmas morning. We spent Christmas eve at Robin's parent's house. We got home sometime around mid-night. About 12 hours later, we went to their house again. This is how I dressed up to go do battle with the snow.
Please take special notice of the pink rain boots. I hate to get my pants wet in the snow and we had about a foot of snow. The pink boots coved my pants enough that they didn't get wet. They didn't do too much for keeping my feet warm though.This is Robin looking for our car (ok, not really, but I thought the picture was funny).
This was how our car looked. It took several minutes to get the snow off of it enough to drive.Me, hard at work clearing the snow from our headlights.

Ice covered our license plate.... When we finally did get going, our car got stuck getting out of our parking spot. I got out to push (I don't drive well in snow). Luckily, there were 2 men in a car behind us that helped push us out of our spot. After that, we were on our way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment