Thursday, November 18, 2010

One good reason for winter

I don't like winter. It is dark, rainy, and cold. Some mornings you have to scrape frost off the car before you can leave. You have to wear big thick coats and lots of layers of clothing. Overall, not a nice experience. Here in Germany they have something that is nice about winter - winter flavors of tea, chocolate, and yogurt. Oh, yummy goodness. Here is an example that I had to bring home from the grocery store yesterday - a chocolate with vanilla cookie in the middle. The candy bar literally spoke to me as I walked past it in the store. I knew it wanted to get into my cart and follow me home. I told it no. The second time I walked by, I couldn't resist. I let the chocolate bar jump off the shelf and into my cart. I started eating it in the car on the way home. Oh, yum - thank you winter for bring us these wonderful winter flavors. Other flavors I want to try: marzipan-orange and spiced apple.... No doubt, they will be just as good.

2 comments:

  1. Erin,
    I love reading your blog. Sometimes I try to comment and it doesn't work, if you are reading this I guess it worked. Ben was in some airport in some city in Germany last night. He was in a special area just for military and wasn't there long. If by chance he happens through again and you are anywhere close he will let you know. He is now in Kuwait. Love you and have a very happy holiday season in your magical kingdom.

    ReplyDelete