Thursday, October 28, 2010

Home Decorating

It seems many of the women in my family have the gene that enables them to decorate their homes beautifuly. The only thing I got from this gene was the desire to have a lovely home... not the talent to make it so. In 3 months I have manage to "finish" one "room" - the entry way. I say "finish" because I will have to do some minor seasonal changes every month or two. The walls are white, there are pictures on the wall, a nice piece of furniture, and room for storage. Here it is - the "final" product.

This is a view of the entryway from the bathroom... it was the best place to take the photo from. Directly on the right (not in the photo) is the door out of our apartment. Directly to the left (also not in the picture) is our bedroom. The door on the left is the kitchen. The thing hanging on the was that looks like a giant slipper really is a giant slipper. It is where we put our hausschuhe (slippers). The door with the glass window is the entry to our living/dining room. The curtain on the right of the door is the curtain I made to hide stuff in the corner. The door seen on the right is our storage closet.


The project I finished this week is painting this rectangle on the wall. It took me a while to get the pictures printed and deciding how big the blue rectangle should be.... Anyways, it is finished - for now.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely ADORE the Proclamation to the Family with your picture!!! Did you make it? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete