Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Country life

Cue the banjo….

I don’t feel like a country bumpkin… but sometimes it seems that I live deep in the country.  We live about 15 minutes away from ‘the city’.  It isn’t a huge city, but large enough.  When we go to the city (or come back) we drive past several corn/wheat fields, a cow farm, and a horse farm (I think…).  It isn’t unusual for tractors to cause traffic problems.  In our town we have 6 grocery stores within a 5 minute drive, a few clothing stores,  5+ bakeries, restaurants, florists, swimming pool, gas stations, etc. so it isn’t like we live in the middle of no where.  However, when I see something like the picture below, I begin to wonder… are we really country bumpkins….?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAHayFam2

Actually, I think these hay sculptures are cute and pretty creative.  The little boy’s hat is made of two umbrellas.  The dad’s hat is made of an inner-tube and I think a bucket.  It took some time and effort to put these things together.  The city really likes them too – their sign says First Place. I suppose the “country life” is ok… but I think it would be better if I had a pickup truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment