Saturday, February 20, 2010

Moving to Germany


After the wedding we will be living in Germany. I (erin) have been working on planning and preparing for this. Maybe some of you have moved internationally before... I never have (mission doesn't count). So I don't know everything that needs to be done or where to start. The picture you see here is some of the things in Utah I need to pack. Some of the things I will not need, so I will need to go through everythng and decide what is important to bring and what I can live without and what I will bring to Germany later. Next week, I will got to my parent's house in Washington and go through my things there. I will need to do the same thing - decide what goes, what stays, and what I will get rid of. It is an interesting task. I have moved several times in the past 10 years. I have started over many times... Moving to Germany is one more move to make. It is hard to decide what to bring with me - there are so many things I want to bring, but it just doesn't make sense to bring it... I am doing my best to decide what is most important. I sent a box of books this week to Germany. 38lbs = $110 to ship. I was able to use a discounted rate - otherwise it would be $300+. I have been tracking my box - it is alreay in Germany. I expect it will be delivered on Monday or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment