Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Robin turns 33!

We celebrated Robin’s 33rd birthday last week.  He decided he wanted a Fanta Cake (which I had never heard of before, but I found a recipe and it turned out pretty well). We also went on a walk in the fields near our house and enjoyed a nice evening at home.

RobinBdayinvite

I made an invitation for him (yes, I made an invitation for just him to his own birthday party. What fun is a party if you don’t get an invitation?)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

His cake

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A tree we saw on our walk.  I can see this tree from other places and I find it fascinating that this lone tree is just standing out in the middle of the fields… it is all alone and has to face the wind, rain, snow, and whatever else comes it’s way year after year.  It must be a strong tree.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This was another tree we saw on our walk, it had such beautiful flowers that I just had to take a picture.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Robin! Many wonderful memories on your birthday. Can't believe it's been 4 years! Thinking of you two always! Erin - very impressed with your cake making skills! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this is very strange but I found your blog while doing a google search for "do they have smores in Germany?" I saw that you were LDS and then I started pouring over your blog. I feel like such a stalker! My husband and I are coming to Germany in a few weeks; he is a German teacher here in Pennsylvania and we are taking a group of 14 teens on an exchange with our sister-school in Kassel. Which one of you is German? Thank you for answering my question about smores. ;) I am planning on bringing the fixins to our German friends. Anything else you would suggest?

    ReplyDelete