Monday, December 19, 2011

Gesundheit

Yes, gesundheit is something you say when someone sneezes. It means health.  This past month has probably been our “least healthy” month since we got married.

I have had a cold since before Thanksgiving that just will not die. For two weeks, I was sick with it, but now it isn’t bad enough for me to think I am sick, but it is annoying. In the middle of having a cold, my back went out.  That was cool… or not.  It is really quite surprising to bend over to pick something up and suddenly have such an intense pain and not be able to stand back up again. I would say it wasn’t severe – I was able to bend over (slowly) two days later and within 4 days I was lifting things again.  It was quite shocking and quite painful. Robin was very nice through the whole thing. 

Robin has also been fighting something (a cold/cough) for a few weeks.  He was doing pretty well, but this past weekend, it caught up with him and he spend quite a bit of time on Friday in bed. He is back at work today, but isn’t sure he will make it though the week.  Again, nothing severe, but just enough make things not so pleasant…

Between the two of us there has been more coughing, sneezing, and staying in bed than we have ever had. Here is hoping for a healthy holiday and new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment